The Trust for Sustainable Living (“Trust”) operates from its premises at The Living Rainforest, Hampstead Norreys, Berkshire, RG18 0TN. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the Trust is classed as a Data Controller. We at the Trust take our obligations as a Data Controller seriously and below you can find out more about how we look after your personal data. For more information on the Data Protection Act 1998 you can visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
Collection of Personal Information
The Trust collects and stores certain personally identifiable information; this could be your name, address, telephone number, email address and/or financial information through our Systems but only when you voluntarily submit it. We may request that you submit personal information in certain instances, such as when you purchase products and services offered by us, submit comments or questions, request information, participate in events such as our International Essay Competition and Schools’ Debate.
Use of Your Personal Information
- To fulfil your requests.
- To allow us to identify you and to permit your entry to The Living Rainforest tropical experience.
- To respond to your questions and comments; to provide you with access to certain areas and features on our Web Site(s); and to communicate with you about your activities on a Site.
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the rules or policies of a Site, or the rights of third parties; or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
- To the extent that you provide us with financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with shopping or commercial services offered on a Site, we may use the financial information that you provide to fulfil your order.
- To help us develop, deliver and improve our products, services and content.
- For our internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services and customer communications.
- For other purposes as disclosed when your Personal Information is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to a particular feature of a Site.
- For disclosures required by law, regulation, or court order.
- For the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings or necessary for establishing, defending, or exercising legal rights.
- To update your details and records on our systems
Except as provided for herein, we will not provide any of your Personal Information to any third parties without your explicit consent.
Managing your Personal Information
You have the ultimate control over the Personal Information that we collect and use. You always have the right not to provide Personal Information, but please keep in mind that we may not be able to deliver all of the services on offer (e.g., we may not permit entry to the Living Rainforest).
If you wish to verify, update, delete (right to forget) or correct any of your Personal collected through our systems, please contact the Data Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing of Information
The Trust will not share, sell, or rent personally identifiable information with independent companies or organisations for their own use without providing you a choice. Personally identifiable information that you provide to us will be gathered and stored in one or more of our corporate databases.
The Trust may share personally identifiable information with subcontractors (e.g. cloud service providers). Subcontractors are restricted from using this data in any other way other than to provide these services to the Trust and they may not share or resell this data.
The Trust will disclose your personally identifiable information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Trust;
Protection of Children’s Information
The Trust takes the protection of children’s privacy and safeguarding seriously. We operate our Systems in compliance with all applicable laws in the jurisdiction set forth below. We do not collect Personal Information from any person under the age of thirteen (13). Children under thirteen (13) years of age should have a parent/ guardian’s consent before providing any personal information. If we determine upon collection that a person is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without his/her parent/guardian’s consent. Without such consent, though, the child may not be able to participate in certain activities.
Security Practices & Information Retention
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties.
We retain information that we collect as long as it is necessary and relevant for the purposes of collection unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, or want to be notified of when they are placed, you can set your web browser to do so, if your browser permits. However you will find that certain elements of the site function incorrectly or not at all, if cookies are completely disabled on your browser.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
The Data Controller
Trust for Sustainable Living
Or by email to email@example.com.